Monday, November 28, 2016

Moana

     
Moana(left) & Maui(right)
     Like I said in my previous post, I went and saw Moana Saturday night with my friend and my little sister.  I was excited to see it, and didn’t go in with any expectations, although people were calling it the next Frozen, which I now see why. 

     Disney Animation Studios or whatever you want to call them, just released the 56th animated feature film (Thanks, Wikipedia), called Moana.  The movie is about a Polynesian girl who is called to the sea when in her community it is not allowed to go ‘beyond the reef’.  When crops start to not grow anymore and there are no more fish in the hunting baskets, Moana is called by the sea to find the demigod Maui (Played by THE ROCK), and have him restore the heart of the ocean.

     First of all, the music in this film is amazing!  And rightfully so, Lin Manuel Miranda is the brains behind the music.  The songs are catchy, funny, and beautiful. 

     My favorite character was Maui, who is voiced by Dwayne Johnson, and he is hilarious!  His character, a demigod of the islands, is a complete jerk, and it’s amazing! 

                Side note: According to my little sister who was the biggest Frozen fanatic, there's an easter egg where Sven (the reindeer) is shown for a split second when Maui is shape shifting.  

     I’m not about spoilers, but there’s this beautiful part of the movie toward the beginning and it has to do with a Manta Ray, those of you who have seen it will know what I’m talking about. 


     I highly suggest going to see this, it’s really enjoyable and just a good family film for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment