Monday, November 28, 2016

Holiday Wishes

When I was two years old my parents split, and from then on it has always been about spending equal amount of time with both. Growing up I went through constant traveling back and forth with my parents. For my entire life I've lived with my dad and although my parents weren't that far apart from each other I was still able to spend a great amount of time with my mom. Especially during the holiday season I have always had to decide who I want to spend which holiday with. One aspect I struggled with personally as a kid is learning to cope with the holiday season. I personally love this time of the year. Besides having to buy all the Christmas gifts for everyone and run up the bank account being the downfall its still a great part of the year in which everyone loves celebrating with family. But every year there has been a gift I have continuously asked for year after year, and that being the reuniting of my family. That's what the holiday season is about, the gathering of family and enjoy the time you cherish together. Its the memories that last forever and ever. My entire life I've never enjoyed what I do every year at this time of the year but I've learned that its the only way I can balance the two. Sometimes the cards aren't dealt the way we want them, so you live through it. For everyone else, enjoy these moments. Enjoy the happiness with everyone and spread the holiday cheer to uplift someones day. These moments only come once a year and I would kill to have the memories made the way I envision them. But I am grateful and will not dream small about my wishes every Christmas for one day I hope those wishes are granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment