Monday, November 28, 2016

Why I quit video games and went into film production(part 2)

My so call friends had made half a game that was one long sex joke, then proceeded to tell me that the story was pointless. They had decided to make a game they wanted so that they could convince me to go along with their idea. It was to start their own company and have me as the character designer, since it was the only thing I was decent at, according to them. That even though my art style, which was just oddly shaped doodles, terrible. It was with great “reluctance” that I put in my resignation from the game company they ended up naming something so vulgar, I found it surprising that they were even accepted for a small business lone. I spent the better half of 2016 waiting to be accepted into a school with a credited game development program. I ended up sulking till last summer when I realized I had stopped writing story scripts for video games. I realized I had waited long enough to get into a video game program. I loved writing screenplays and stories. When I was trying to find what I wanted to do I was watching movies, I found I wanted to make movies (which is the short story). After I had looked at Huntington, I had given it lots of thought deciding between film production and animation. I had ended up choosing film production. If I could say anything about video games, do not buy them only based from the graphics or gameplay. Consider the story. Because many developers use the game to tell their story and put themselves out there, like what I wanted to do with the game I was told was being made. Some developers count on the game to send a message that could help others or make something fun. But because the games do not stand up to the quality of games made by big budget companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment