Friday, November 18, 2016

My Prayer


I’ve never been a very political person, but this election has been a wild ride for everyone.  I know we shouldn’t sit and do nothing about the state of our union, but we can rely on God in these times.  Through this whole process I’ve been reminded of how God uses the people we least expect to do great things.  For example, God used prostitutes, tax collectors, idolaters, hypocrites, and thieves.  In the case of having to choose a “lesser of two evils”, so to speak, we should have hope in God’s bigger picture.  Maybe God’s going to use this big-mouthed businessman to accomplish great things, we don’t know and it’s too early to judge.  We not only need to give our president-elect a chance, but also this country.  I guarantee I would write the same blog if the other candidate had won, because it was controversial either way.  I just hope and pray that through this election and through the next four years, we remember that God uses the most underestimated or stereotyped people.  God doesn’t put situations in our lives that we can’t handle.  He will bend us, not break us.  Maybe it’s just time for America to bend a little.

1 comment: