Friday, November 18, 2016

Why I Love Sport Documentaries

As we began to watch sport documentaries, I started to wonder why I had no interest in any of the documentaries shown.  Some of the documentaries shown in class make absolutely no sense to me and I lose interest almost immediately.  During one of the films where I lost interest, I wondered if there are any types of documentaries that I actually enjoying.  That is when sport documentaries came to mind. I am a loyal watcher of Netflix, and I have seen almost all of the sport-related documentaries that Netflix has to offer.  Of course, one would think that I only watch and enjoy sport documentaries because I like sports and because I am a collegiate athlete.  Yes, I think that definitely plays a part, but I also believe it is so much more than that.  I love the journey. I love the adversity that some of those athletes have to overcome in order to make a name for themselves.  That is what sports are all about, earning your fame by putting in the work when nobody is watching.  As a young athlete, things were definitely handed to me.  I could play whatever sport I wanted and my family had the money to allow me to do so, and they could also provide me with whatever equipment I needed. Obviously, I did not make it big, and I am actually okay with that fact.  Documentaries like Undefeated, Linsanity, Chasing Tyson, I Am Ali, and Stop at Nothing truly show the competitive spirit and the overwhelming desire to be successful.  The people in these documentaries had so many ups and downs in their life, that it would have been easy to give up and accept reality. But their love of their passion drove them to new heights and exhausted every part of their body.  These kinds of documentaries inspire me as a lover of sports.
Image result for Sport documentaries

No comments:

Post a Comment