Saturday, November 19, 2016

Departure at Sunrise - Ys III

As an addition to my previous post about the inspiration found within the game Ys III: Wanderers from Ys, the theme that was used during the morning of Adol and Dogi's departure at the end of the game was such an addition to the emotional experience that went with the ending. The song is known as Departure at Sunrise. The song starts with the hopeful feeling that comes after the Galbalan resolution and the sinking of his island, despite a character's noble sacrifice. The people of Redmont and in the region of Felghana are safe now. Though the more emotional part comes with the feeling of sadness and longing, knowing that Adol is determined to leave the town and everyone in it. Listening to Departure at Sunrise outside of the context of Ys III, it often reminds me of the eventual moments in time where good friends and acquaintances must depart. The song came to mind on the last day of school my senior year of high school, knowing I would not see many if not most of those people ever again, despite not knowing most of them. The song evokes my feelings and continues to remind me that the people I have come to know here at Huntington University will not always be around, as they have their own lives to live, and their own future to carve. I have no right to keep them here in this small town with me or anywhere else I go. While listening to the song again, I am growing scared that the time I mentioned, the time where we all part, is not too far from now. The reality of this is frightening to me. Even so, this song still brings me hope for my future, along with everyone else's future after our times here at Huntington University come to an end. Give Departure at Sunrise a listen, see what emotions it evokes in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment