Monday, November 28, 2016

Why I quit video games and went into film production(part 1)

I used to want to make video games before I decide to go into movies. I had always inspired to make video games when I first played The Legend of Zelda. The reason I quit goes back to when I started an “Indie game company” with a few friends from my video game design class, which was a huge mistake. The whole reason I was invited into the “company” was because I was the only person in the class who was creative enough to come up with an almost decent story. After about a year till the end of my junior year in high school, our group finally decided on one of my suggestions. Then after another year and a half of reluctance and agony, building the game, I had HAND WRITTEN over 800 lines of program code. I was the only one without a computer with the capabilities to run the coding programs and the funds to buy one, so I HAD to write out every line of code and give it to the group at out weekly meetings. It was at after new years of 2015 that I found out the group had decided without me to make their own game using the sprites and characters I designed. For the past year and a half, every line of code I had written was thrown away and never used, almost every character design was scrapped and thrown aside, and every gameplay idea was not adequate to the “standard” of the game they wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment