Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Fear

You would not think by the picture that this city is dangerous but that is not the case. Today a few minutes ago, Professor Leeper talked about going to a city where you fear for your life and how we have to seek that out to find that in this country. Well as for me, that was my life for 21 years to where walking down the street I would get threatened by people because I am white. I grew up in Dayton, Ohio which ha gotten the handle to be dangerous and even when I grew up there it was on the top 20 most dangerous cities. I was threatened by many people; white, black, hispanic, and all types of different people because of who I hang out with or because of the color of my skin. I know how it feels to be terrified for my life to the point where I had to start carrying a knife for a small feeling of safety and now I never feel safe at any point in time in life because I have been physically and emotionally hurt by people based on who I am. I AM NOT HURT OR INSULTED by him saying that because I am white I can feel safe I just wanted to point out that not all of us feel safe even though we are white because I do not even feel safe even around people my own "color" but that I only feel safe around people who I know care.


No comments:

Post a Comment