Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Chapel

Chapel is something every Huntington University student is familiar with. Some like it, some don't, some are apathetic. 30 chapel credits, however, are what every student needs by the end of the semester. I didn't make it last year, and with my busy schedule this semester I had no time for doing the community service. I paid my 150 dollars and made sure I made the requirements this time. It's a pain though, honestly.

I've always felt that forcing religion on to someone is the worst way to get them to learn about it or consume it, and the mandatory chapel policy seems exactly that. I know I'm hardly ever enthusiastic to attend, and quite a few times I've found myself asleep in the back of the auditorium instead of paying attention to whatever speaker is giving the message that day.

I understand that as a Christian university Huntington University wants to promote a Christ-filled environment, but maybe they should consider reducing the amount of chapel credits needed, if nothing else, because someone forced to follow is not a true follower at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment