Thursday, November 17, 2016

When Life Departs


I was raised by my grandparents, and my grandmother explained to me very well what happens when we die. She always taught me that there is an afterlife, and that we must choose where to go. She had cancer when I was probably 5 years old. At that time, I didn't understand very well what was happening other than my nanny was sick. I remember my grandma and I prayed together every night asking for her recovery, and how everyone my family cried while she was sick. At the same time, one of my grandmother's friend had cancer, so they were both fighting cancer in the same hospital. Fortunately, my grandmother survived. However, the other person died. I so happy because I thought that my prayers cured her. 

I relate to this documentary because I remember when I was a kid, I didn't fully understand what cancer was. Nevertheless, I did understand that people die. I remembered I pictured God the same way that the boy in the film pictures. I strongly believe that children understand better the meaning of life because they explain everything so simple. They know that they have to behave, otherwise, there are consequences; and they also believe that one day they will get to see their dead family or their dead dog. Sometimes we ignore their opinion because we think they have nothing to say, but they have a lot to say. This is why I think this was a great documentary, because they let children explain what they think and share what they know.


No comments:

Post a Comment