Friday, November 18, 2016

The Revenant

            This weekend, when I was AT HOME, I watched The Revenant, which is rated R, so I watched it without hesitation.  My family recorded it and when I was going through the recordings, I saw this movie and wanted to see it.  It was a good movie that was very different from other movies that I usually like, since I like more action movies with a lot of dialogue.  So, in that case, it was somewhat boring during certain parts of the movie, which wasn’t too bad because there were still events that were happening.  The thriller came out on January 8, 2016 and won three Oscars, with those being Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role, Best Achievement in Directing, and Best Achievement in Cinematography.
            I thought that the movie did a great job with the story line and the plot throughout the movie.  Leonardo DiCaprio was the lead role and at the beginning of the movie, his hunting team was attacked by Indians, and some got away, but a lot were killed.  He later got attacked by a bear and his team found and helped him, but then left him to die in the frigid weather.  This is where the movie got interesting.  DiCaprio’s character was on a revenge trip to kill the man that killed his son and the movie shows all that he had to go through to find it.  DiCaprio had to learn different languages, learn how to make a fire with small supplies on hand, and learn how to shoot a musket.  DiCaprio said that it was his hardest performance of his career.  I won’t say exactly what happened so I don’t give it away, but I would definitely recommend seeing it.

Another interesting fact is that it was shot in 12 different places because of the weather being a factor.


            It is a very good drama, thriller, and action packed movie that everyone should see!  I also liked that I felt like I got a glimpse into what life was like in the 1820’s.



Image result for the revenant

Image result for the revenant


No comments:

Post a Comment