Friday, December 9, 2016

Christian Radio: Are We Doing It Right?

Newsboys, The Afters, MercyMe, and many other Christian bands have all been played on Christian radios all over the United States. But are they getting too comfortable with their craft and are Christian radio stations getting to the right people? I don’t have a problem with Christian bands but I think that they attack a certain group and that’s Becky. Becky is the forty-year-old mom who drops their kids off from school in a blue van and is a stay at home mom. Don’t get me wrong on this, I think Christian music works for some people and gets them to the right place but is it getting to folks who don’t believe in the words that Christian music sings? I truly don’t believe so. I think Christian radio needs to broaden the spectrum and not be so cheesy and to not have the same equation all Christian songs have.  If Christian music was truly good and was something that people wanted to hear, it could get to different people and not just Christians.

 I don’t listen to Christian music because I just don’t enjoy it. Most people might but as a twenty-year-old in college that really enjoys music and the craft, I don’t bob my head or vibe with it and the story that comes with Christian music. Just personal opinion, if you like it and if it gets you closer to God, by all means, don’t let my words get in your way.

Image result for newsboys

No comments:

Post a Comment