Sunday, December 11, 2016

Pete's Dragon Remake

 

    Pete's dragon was is an old live action and traditionally animated musical that was recently updated with modern technology. I went to see this movie not really expecting too much out of it. I had seen the trailers and it just seemed like any other generic live action recreation. I can't say that it was one of the best films to come our this year, but I can say that I was at least pleasantly suprised. The story seemed like to was going to be very basic and bland, and it was to a point. What I did not expect was how refreshing and new it felt, even though it was so simple and didn't really seem to bring anything new to the table. This confuses me and almost makes me angry thinking about it, because I can't pinpoint exactly what it was. Proabably nostalgia.
    One other thing that I was getting ready to hate was the dragon itself. In the original the dragon was completely traditionally animated on top of the live action footage. So I don't really have room to complain about the CG when in the original it was literally a drawing. The dragon was acually pretty amazingly animated. They gave it thick fur and somehow managed to make the giant creature as cute as in the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment