Sunday, December 11, 2016

Artist Spotlight - A article I wrote for the Huntingonian about effects makeup Part 1

Not often do you go to a festival and then come home and manage to replicate some of what you saw, this isn’t the case for Junior film student Aaron Hamilton however, Hamilton went to the 2012 Mask-fest in Indianapolis. This festival is a big gathering of horror fans that show off masks that they’ve made as well as fans of mask.  Hamilton says

I remember coming across a blood covered baseball bat and when I picked it up, it was 100% made out of foam. I was so impressed with that bat that I contemplated buying it. It was a little out of my price range so I settled with a bottle of fake latex and stage blood.

 Little did Hamilton know settling for the fake latex and stage blood would enter him into a world he would fall in love with. When he got back home from the festival he used what he bought and some of his Dad’s old makeup kit to create his very first burn.








No comments:

Post a Comment