Sunday, December 11, 2016

For You

In February 2007 my family and I lost a big part of my family. My Grandma passed away on February 18, 2007, and from that day nothing has ever been the same. Throughout my life she was always the one to lean on through adversity in my family. No matter what anyone needed she would always be there. I have never had a closer relationship with anyone besides my grandma, ever. A few weeks before she passed my grandma and I took a little walk to the local market. During that walk I remember my grandma would talk about her grandchildren and how before she could pass she wanted to be able to watch all her grand kids graduate from college. Being her oldest grandchild I knew I was gonna be her first one to see walk. When she passed I was absolutely devastated. Just two weeks before we had that conversation and I thought that her wishes would be granted to see us all walk. I remember at her funeral I gave a speech about how wonderful she was and about the last great walk we had together. That day I made a promise, a promise to finish the job for her. She wanted to see my graduation one day and I promised I would do that for her. I pursue my education with the motivation of her in my head. Everyday I live is with a sole purpose to get it all done for her. This is FOR YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment