Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Weekend

The weekend is the Senior Film that I was on for film practicum. while this wasn't my first film set on campus, it is the one thatI was most excited to be on. It was mostly because of the story. Just reading the script brought me close to tear. The story follows a girl who suffers with depression and goes to her aunt's for the weekend after her father dies. She learns about how depression runs in their family and that her aunt suffers with it and that her mom commits suicide because of it. The final scene was on (I wasn't there for the last day of shooting because there was just a skeleton crew) was extremely emotional. The main girl had just attempted to commit suicide and she was talking with her aunt about how alone she felt. When I first heard the story idea I was skeptical on how he would get the message across and evoke the strong emotions that are associated with depression. But when I go to the end of the script, I cried just a bit as well as on set during the lst scene. I can only imagine how high the emotions would have been on the third day in the bathtub scenes when the girl imagines herself committing suicide.
Image result for suicide

No comments:

Post a Comment