Sunday, December 11, 2016

Live Action Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo was a part of my childhood that I will never forget for good and bad reasons.

The bad reasons mostly being the live actions that were made. The live action Scooby Doo movies were mostly flops and never really scratched the surface of the comedy that was the Scooby Doo adventures. I feel like sometimes I'm in the minority when I talk about Scooby Doo, because it was a really great show that had it's basic storyline to support the viewers of younger age.

Many consider that fact to make it either bad or not worth watching, but I feel like it's important for those who are older to be able to see what is hidden within the sometimes cookie cutter story of Scooby Doo. The series itself is such a hallmark of children's television which still continues now, because it's something simple to watch that brings joy into people's lives. The reason I dislike the live action Scooby Doo movies is because they are only imitations of the real thing.


They had so many adult variations to try to connect with supposed audience of the time, when really they should have brought back what Scooby Doo is really about. Just a bunch of kids getting into trouble trying to find monsters and ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment