Sunday, December 11, 2016

Nintendo Nostalgia Pt. 1

I didn't play much video games as a kid, but I started out on an old Gameboy Pocket which was a Christmas gift from my older brother, Eliot. That passed down Gameboy was a huge hit with me. My brother included some classics like Tetris, Super Mario Land, Star Wars, Sweep the Alleyway, and Wave Runner, among a couple of others. These were my introduction to gaming. Image result for Gameboy pocket
Image result for gameboy pocket



I eventually graduated to a red Gameboy Advance SP, probably one of the biggest birthday gifts I ever received from my parents in terms of excitement. The first game for the Gameboy Advance was Mario Party Advance; I put a good amount of hours into that game. My favorites, however, were Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Lego Star Wars. Those gave me some good times.

Image result for gameboy sp
My third gaming system was a silver Nintendo DS Lite. This was huge for me! The DS was, if not the first, one of the first, large purchases I had ever made with my own money. On top of that, I got a cool silver one, which none of my friends had and I had never seen before. Mario Cart was a pretty big hit on the DS because you could play multiplayer races with your friends over wireless connection, and you didn't even have to own the game to do it! I didn't ever own the game, but as long as one person did, we could all race together.

Image result for nintendo ds lite silver


1 comment:

  1. I remember playing these classic games when I was younger, esepecially tetris and Mario cart, I can relate to this.

    ReplyDelete