Sunday, December 11, 2016

Music Part 2: All I Have

NF is another one of my favorite artists. His music is so raw and real. The first time I really listened to "Mansion", I cried, and it helped me through a difficult time last year. Same with "Paralyzed". "How Could You Leave Us",  about his mother who died from an overdose on pills she was addicted to, never fails to wrench my heart. "Wait" makes me think of my crush and my doubts on how a relationship would go between us. "Notepad" reminds me of my connection to my sketchbooks and how far both myself and my art have come.

"All I Have" holds a special place in my heart, though. I've dreamed crazy dreams, discovered who I really am, and set high goals to build a foundation under. And I've had people, including myself, tell me that my dreams are unrealistic, that my goals are too high, that my real self isn't really me, that's it's just a phase. Let me be. Let me learn. Let me dream. The least you can do is let me be.

That's why I love the chorus:

"Don't tell me that this isn't real
Dont tell me this ain't how I feel
This is all I have, all I have"

No comments:

Post a Comment