Sunday, December 11, 2016

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas



Christmas is making its way over, so you know what that means? Christmas movies! One of my favorite parts about Christmas is the movies that start showing. One of the Christmas movies I used to watch as a kid was Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas. A classic Disney film that I am sure that possibly everyone has seen/heard of. The movie is about three different stories:

"Donald Duck Stuck On Christmas"
     Huey, Dewey, and Louie wish that everyday would be Christmas and you know what they say, "be careful what you wish for".

"A Very Goofy Christmas"
     Goofy is determined to prove to his son, Max, that Santa is real.

"Mickey and Minnie's The Gift of the Magi"
     Mickey and Minnie struggle to round up some money to buy a gift for each other.

One thing that all these stories have, is that all the families in each other story are brought closer together one way or another. That was one of my favorite parts when watching it as a kid, that it was really about the presents or Santa, but about how much the family is each story cared about each other. I haven't been able to watch the movie for about a good decade until now and when I decided to watch it on Netflix (still can't believe it's actually on there) I was expecting to cringe at the movie on how cheesy it would possibly be. However, once I started to watch it, I was instead hit with a wave of nostalgia and ended up enjoying it more now than I thought I would. The love for the movie is still real with me and when I go home for Christmas, I'm more than likely going to make my family watch it with me, much to their dismay.

No comments:

Post a Comment