Sunday, December 11, 2016

Maui's Quote

Just thought I'd go back to the Moana quote I brought up a few blogs earlier. I really would just love to bring it into the spotlight cause I think it is one of the most real and beautiful quotes that can be easily translated into a story of adoption in the real world with kids from foreign countries or even kids who were born in America.

Maui: "I wasn't born a demigod. I had human parents. They took one look and decided they did not want me. They threw me into the sea, like I was nothing. Somehow I was found by the gods, they gave me the hook. They made me "Maui". And back to the humans I went..."

Moana: "You took the heart for them. You did everything for them. So they would love you."

Maui: "It was never enough."

You see as someone who is adopted with no information of my family besides the fact that I wasn't "worthy enough", I know what it's like to strive to find some unknown hidden purpose that I will never achieve or obtain. Its hard to find worth when the from the start you were "worthless". Once again I must congratulate the film on a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment