Sunday, December 11, 2016

Rich Mullins - Hold Me Jesus



While admittedly not my favorite Rich Mullins song, the music video that accompanies the song, while simplistic shows the struggle with trying to listen to God in times of struggle. The video was shot by Rich himself, and it depicts him pacing around an attic, with shots of him lying on the ground, sitting in the only chair in the otherwise barren room, sitting legs crossed on the floor, crying, and up close to the camera, as a silluette. The entire time he is speaking the lyrics of the song, like a prayer, which it is. In the song Rich once says, “Surrender don’t come natural to me. I’d rather fight you for something I don’t really want that take what you give that I need.” Which this video depicts very well.
There are a lot of shots of him walking away from the camera after hitting record, and the last shot is actually him turning the camera off, in order to show the raw type of feel he was going for. Many of his other songs, that have videos which is like 4, are out in the open fields of Wichita or Ireland, rather than a concealed attic. It reminds me of all the times I have had to escape and just be silent in the presence of God, and it is near flawless to me. All I would like is for it to be rereleased with a higher resolution, because it currently plays at 240p.


Here it is…

No comments:

Post a Comment