Sunday, December 11, 2016

Teaching Through Story

   

    Should you teach through your artwork? It depends on what your trying to teach. Do you have authority to teach the thing you are trying to teach. I have considered this thought before, but what could I teach others? When a topic would come to mind, I could think about how I could incorporate this into a story. The resulting story might end up being too peachy, or seemingly trying to force feed information to the audience who is watching. The audience knows this and isn't easily tricked. The best process to consider when wanting to teach through art, is to tell a story that teaches instead of teaching through a story.
    People feel like they are doing something beneficial when they are writing fiction to teach. Maybe to stroke their egos a bit, feeling like they have done something beneficial for society.  I have taught the children many things and they will grow up to be the most intelligent of generations. I have not taught them to follow societal norms, and do not develop their own decision making processes in a way that is beneficial in any way. Somehow I have still taught them something, I'm not sure what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment