Sunday, October 30, 2016

Au Jour - An empty hole

This short film by Marie Paccou can definitely relate to a lot of people.  At first I thought the film was a bit weird but when I caught on to the meaning, I quickly was sympathetic for both the woman and the man.  This film to me showed how a relationship should be essentially a union of two people, but some people may have different problems that might separate them in the end.  When the woman and the man were slurping up their soup together after carrying up the groceries, I understood how great the relationship was for them.  In seeing how the other neighbor couple was, I had a mixed emotions at the time on the film.  Towards the end of the film, when the man walked out on the woman and created a hole, it all became clear to me on why I think it was created.  This animated film depicts the "hole" in us that we have when one enters and later exits our life.  Relationships are hard and I have felt this pain multiple times through both dating people and loved ones that have passed.  The way I cope with these moments of grief and pain is to focus on the one true relationship that matters, which is my relationship with Christ.

Image result for au jour marie paccou

No comments:

Post a Comment