Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is what I would call an “interesting” film. I am by no means degrading the film, it was however much different than I expected from the promotional posters.

I’m sure that if I had looked into the film before going to watch it, I would have been less surprised, but now I’m glade at how the story was nothing like I expected. The premise was entertaining and much better than the (what some would call) a K-Mart version of X Men. I was first intrigued by how much of the film takes place during WWII. The story was very original and one I liked. The villains of the story, Hallows, were an unexpected edition to the story.   One thing I found to be a good trait about the film is how the Hallows weren’t your generic monsters. They had a very Slinderman look to them, yet they still very animalistic and savage in nature.
One of their most prominent features that make them such a threat in the film, is that they are completely invisible to everyone except for our main character and his grandfather. Although the true reward for making the movie fun to watch goes to Samuel Jackson. His villain was a strange but entertaining one, much like the movie itself. The movie goes from being somewhat serious to very dark, and then back up into the realm of funny toward the end. I would strongly suggest giving it a watch if you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment