Sunday, October 23, 2016

This Is Us Part 1

Image result for this is us
Recently, I have become slightly obsessed with this new TV on NBC called "This is Us". I have never been one to be attached to TV shows, or even binge watch them.  This TV show is different from the others I have seen in so many way, and that is what drives my attraction.  Although it is only 4 episodes in, I have already learned important concepts of life and the producers of this show are geniuses in my opinion. All of the issues presented in this film have been issues for my immediate family, so I can relate to this show more than others on the market.  "This is Us" is about a family where the couple has 3 kids, a pair twins and an African American child who was born on the day as the twins.  The show is about the family lives and connections of several people who all share the same birthday and the way in which they are similar and different.  The kids are all grown up in the show and they are facing different battles throughout the show.  One of the twins, Kevin, is trying to find his identity in the acting industry and he is trying to stay connected to his true self.  The other twin, Kate, is dealing with obesity and the problem of finding love while comparing herself the others around her.  The last child, Randall, is dealing with the fact that he was adopted and he is still facing issues concerning racism in his white neighborhood.  The show also bounces back in time often to show the audience how the parents' relationship developed and the battles they dealt with.  I would most definitely recommend this show to anybody, plus it is only 4 episodes in so there's time to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment