Sunday, October 23, 2016

"Buddy System Episode 1: Tucked Up" Reviewish



Buddy System is a show created by Rhett & Link of Good Mythical Morning and Commercial Kings fame with help from YouTube. It is one of the many YouTube Red Series like Sing It! and Game Lab. I have not felt the time has come yet for me to purchase a subscription to YouTube Red, so I tend to base my expectations for what the show is like that I’ll be missing based on the free episode.


The free episode for Buddy System is called Tucked Up and gives me high hopes for the series when/if I eventually purchase a subscription. The epis-wait, wait I know. Spoilers Ahead. Okay back to the review. The episode is what all pilots are, a way to introduce to the audience the characters and a partial bit of the struggle they will be facing on the show. Unlike most pilots though, Tucked Up has a very Good Mythical Morning feel with Rhett and Link not only being exaggerated versions of themselves, but also a musical number in the middle of the episode. A very interesting and fun song dealing with how darkness can hide dangers to people. There’s also the idea of being confident with yourself and your quirks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment