Thursday, October 27, 2016

HU's visiting hours Pt. Two

So if you took the time to read my last post on Huntington's visiting hours, you already know I don't like the their visiting hours. In this post I am going to be addressing the other side or how HU would justify their visiting hours.

The other side of this people would say there are plenty of places that my girlfriend and I could go to hang out even before visiting hours begin or after hours. Yes this is true, but has anyone ever tried watching a movie in one of these locations and other people walk in? It's kinda awkward, sure they may be trying to do homework and won't be bothering us and I understand that. But now, we have to use headphones to be respectful, and we each would be using one ear bud. This in its self is annoying, those of use that have ever used just one ear bud at a time know that it is hard to really hear what is going on in the movie. Now, say more people come in, or the people who were already there start talking, now you can't hear at all. Sure we could get up and leave, but how many times would we have to get up and leave a place because it was loud? We would never get through that movie. I do like how HU has this place for people to go and hang out and study, but there little to know places for people to go to have really good one on one conversations. Couples have a lot of things to talk about, and most of that stuff they don't want to have spread all around campus. If they wanted to do that they would just post it on Facebook.

My last point on this is HU would tell us that we didn't come to college to become closer to are girlfriend/boyfriend. And I get that, but we are here to become closer to God and to understand his works in our lives. I know God handed me my current girlfriend, and so I am always looking at things in my relationship in a different light and with an attitude with "what is God doing here, now in my life." So while HU says it is not their intent to bring us closer to our significant other, but, for me and maybe some others, God is working through our relationships just as much as he is working through the college in which we are at.

Image result for huntington university dorms

No comments:

Post a Comment