Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Beastly beauty behind Beauty And The Beast

 Growing up, Beauty And The Beast was one of my favorite movies. The Glitz and the Glamour of living in this castle (with all of those books). The fun of having furniture talk to you , and you legitimately not being crazy. The only down side being that your prince was a jerk in the very beginning and a crazy psycho macho man will NOT stop stalking you. But the prince becomes a nice guy and the stalker falls to his death, everything is fine right? WRONG, the basis behind this love is all wrong. Which hurts me to say because the prince is still my favorite. Why does  Belle even fall for the guy? What was she thinking? Well possibly,  " Oh he let me go to my father, he must be a catch." or " Well this is an advert into the great wide somewhere."  But this type of love seems to be matching up with some domestic abuse thinking. This Stockholm syndrome, this love for the man who put me in shackles. Should this really be something that we allow children to continue to watch? To continue to learn from? Now I say all of this, but my opinion does not change in this being my second favorite Disney princess movie of all time. But hey it is a tale as old as time. And old tales die hard (Pun intended)
Image result for beauty and the beast stained glass

No comments:

Post a Comment