Sunday, October 23, 2016

"Arrow S5 Episodes 1-3" Reviewish


(Spoilers Below!)

Recently the fifth season of Arrow has started, and with it a whole slew of new characters and a new beginning for the main protagonists. For those who aren’t caught up yet are reading this anyway, Team Arrow has split up as Laurel is now dead, Diggle had to kill his own brother, and Thea doesn’t want to be a vigilante. In the months since the separation Oliver has been…well I’ll let him say it.

“My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal: To save my city. Today I fight that war on two fronts. By day, I lead Star City as its mayor. But by night, I am someone else. I am something else. I am the Green Arrow.”
Oliver's Preferred Method of Training Involves Being Shot, A Lot.


The first three episodes of the season are all about new beginnings. Oliver has to learn to trust and create a new team to keep Star City safe. Diggle is dealing with corruption in the army that he holds dear to his heart, and Thea is struggling to do Oliver’s job as he begins spending more time with his night job. Trust is essential to all three of them, Oliver needs to trust, Diggle no longer can trust, and Thea must be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment