Thursday, October 27, 2016

Video Game and Community

 I have heard from many people that 'video games do not do any good for anyone in life. It just wastes their time and melt their brains'. I would like to differ. I used to be the kid that people would describe as a loner because when I came to college i had no friends to hang out with because no one seemed to do anything I did and I did not know how to relate to them. That was until I met my friend Matt and we started to play Gears of War 1-3 and beat the whole series and now my group and I literally sit down at night, if homework is done, and play for hours on end. My friend group has grown from one person to having six other friends where we just sit, play video games, and talk about anything and everything. My video game friends will be the relationships that I will cherish and have the deeper connection with because we can sit there and bond over doing nothing. So to every person that would say video games do nothing for anyone I would say they give some people community.


No comments:

Post a Comment