Thursday, October 27, 2016

Tank! (Cowboy Bebop)

I use to be a huge anime freak. Every day, the internet would be my main source of watching the shows my parents didn't approve of and every chance given to me was one spent with Japanese cartoons. Out of the whole genre what stood out to me were the intros and theme songs for these shows. To my surprise, there is one that stands out from all of them, which is Tank! from Cowboy Bebop.


Cowboy Bebop captures the presence of a great show by giving exactly what the viewer expects to see. Being a show in the absolute prime of lukewarm style, the introduction preps us for what is about to come.  Its whole setting has the style of a James Bond opening only more fast paced. By James Bond, I am talking about silhouettes, guns, people in action, and best of all music.


The music in this opening is nothing less than superb. Yoko Kanno, the series music composer, captures the feeling of swagger and high power with an entire orchestra behind a bluesy acoustic guitar while giving a jazz vibe in the process! This compliments the show and makes the overall feeling one to remember. Sean Connery eat your heart out.





No comments:

Post a Comment