Saturday, September 24, 2016

The prayer of the glow worm

I feel this story fits me well I was in a place of darkness and I was one of the only lights in my school and all I heard was how Christianity was wrong and how I wasn't politically correct enough even though I showed love and respect to all. The beauty of it all though was, that was where I truly found God was in the darkness because light is clearer at night then during the day. It was ironic because my view was so black and white and God was in the place I least expected, the gray, where no one wants to go.
Now I want to give this analogy to show you truly what it’s like to be a glow worm. Pretend you are walking through the forest at night when its pitch black, you're knee high in blind wounded bodies who are pulling you down and all you have is a lantern and a map to guide you back home and the only thing you desire is to save those wounded blind people and you know you can't save them all so you take a few show them your lantern and carefully guide them home. Now some will shake you off and crawl back in the dirt and some will follow you home. Also the feeling you get can't be described by words you have to feel it in your soul.


Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon- Switchfoot  

No comments:

Post a Comment