Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Childlike Lens

Today I was sitting in the Science hall waiting on my psychology class to begin. Today was also the Walk into my Future event with the local elementary schools. One class came into the science hall to use the restroom. As they slowly trickled out of the restroom they became fascinated with the fountain at the base of the elevator. The sound of their laughter was full of pure joy as they played with the water, despite their teacher's efforts to keep them dry. As an artist, I believe that we see the world much differently than others. We keep ahold of a part of that childlike lens. That perspective that we peer through and see the world is what makes our art great. Finding the joy in the simple man made little fountain as a child would. should be our goal. I don’t know how many times I have sat in the science hall and viewed the fountain as just a decoration. I was unable to see how the water danced, how it moved gracefully and naturally. Our duty as artists is to bring to light the simple pleasures of life. To bring back a childlike worldview. 

No comments:

Post a Comment