Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Kubo

Let me just start by saying the art for this movie is absolutely beautiful. The stop motion was flawless and I love how delicate the hair was and the wind like effects they manged to recreate were so life-like. I love the skeleton dude and how it could have so much detailed movement and flow so smoothly and how they juggled all the different characters fighting and jumping around. the two evil sisters were really creepy, but I like how they made it so you could tell they were wearing  mask, but it kept you kinda guessing even though they were stop motion so it was literally faces they used. I was a bit confused on the significance of the monkey and the beetle as animals in the Asian culture. I wasn't quite sure why those particular animals were chosen to represent Kubo's parents. When I was watching this movie, it was almost difficult to focus on the actual story because the images were so mesmerizing. I did, however, notice theme between being human  and being "more than." It was calling out society and their praise of perfection, rather than embracing what makes us different and imperfect and human and seeing the beauty in that. This beauty in it's purest form is love. I loved how at the end Kubo's grandfather was given a chance to start over and become a new better person, and the forgiveness and grace he receives from the towns people despite his past.

Image result for kubo

1 comment:

  1. i really liked how you were honest and let us know what the story line was like.

    ReplyDelete