Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Freedom!

Hans Rookmaaker made a lot of good points in his excerpt on freedom and Christians in the world. Now, I'll admit, I hit the pitfall the first reading. I read about the fact that Christians should have protested better earlier and thought 'Dang ancestors, do better.' Well, something to that effect.

Anyway, I missed the point that first reading. That because Christianity is scrutinized more nowadays and the toxic culture today, I missed what the point was. That because of this negative or rampant secular world view that I matter. That being a Christian today can perhaps help me stand up in a way for something I believe in in a way some never get to. That perhaps this is a gift, to sharpen myself against the maelstrom of society and show others, perhaps myself to some extent as well, the light and love of God. That is, if I can actually stand up to it all in the name of freedom and God.

But hey, William Wallace did it, so what's the worst that could happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment