Thursday, December 8, 2016

Why I Now Appreciate DMA

I will be honest with you all. I was never a fan of this class. My adviser forced me into this class and I dreaded the thought of being surrounded by DMA majors talking about the latest video equipment while I sit there with my head buried in my phone.  I listened to the stereotype of this class and this impacted my initial perception of this class.  Then we started to get into the good stuff.  I caught myself looking less at my phone and more at the films being screened.  In my dorm room, I caught myself searching the movies or films we watched in class to either watch the rest of it or just watch it again.  Sometimes, I poured myself into my blog posts as if I was an actual blogger who had an actual audience.  My strive to get my thoughts across was pure and I was hoping each day Professor Leeper would bring up my blog in front of the class so I could grasp the smallest piece of fame.  When I watch movies now, I first analyze before I open up myself to the entertainment the film has to offer. I find this habit extremely annoying especially when I just want to lay back and enjoy the film, but this class has trained me differently.  I wish this class was a little later in the day and a little smaller so I could be completely invested in the work.  Also, I am thankful that I can finally converse (at least a little bit) with DMA majors.  Usually, everything they say is directly over my head, but now I have some exposure to this alternate universe.  I promise this information will come useful in my life someday.  Maybe my kid develops a passion for digital media, or maybe I even marry a DMA major. Life is full of unexpected occurrences, but this class has prepared me for some of the potential ones.Image result for Digital Media Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment