Thursday, December 8, 2016

Do I regret HU?


Image result for huntington universityImage result for huntington university

Strict drinking laws. Horrible meal plan.  Boring and mandatory chapels.  Tiniest school in Indiana. Liberal Arts education.  Parking tickets flying everywhere. No football team.  All of these are challenges that I have to encounter every day at Huntington.  Do I regret coming here? Absolutely not.  I will never find a college where I agree with every rule and every decision that the school makes.  The good at Huntington far outweighs the bad in my opinion.  I am obtaining a quality education at a reasonable price.  We do not realize what kind of privilege this is.  Many people do not have the money to attend school, and we all get to attend a private institution with a successful history.  Personally, coming here completely changed my life and my direction of life.  Huntington University is where I developed a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior.  There is absolutely no better feeling that this.  If this was the only positive thing that happened since I came to Huntington, I still would not regret my decision.  This university fills me spiritually and academically, and I really would not get this at any university.  Along with this, I have also met some friends who will last a lifetime.  Community is so strong here and I am constantly learning about life because of the brothers around me.  I am exposed to different cultures everyday because of all the different countries represented on my soccer team.  Since I am currently about 6 hours away from my home, I have had to adjust with living on my own for extended periods of time.  This has allowed me to grow as a man and become independent.  If I had to make the college decision again, I would not even consider anywhere else.  Go Foresters.

1 comment:

  1. this helped me see school in a different light and was nice to see someone's point of view that wasn't my own.

    ReplyDelete