Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Nutcracker

Tonight, I went to the Nutcracker put on by a Moscow Ballet.  I really did not know much about the Nutcracker before tonight, and now I know why.  My only experience with the Nutcracker was in my pre-school class when we watched the Barbie Nutcracker.  Honestly, I have absolutely no clue what happened or any information about the story line.  From what I got from it, there were a lot of dancers who liked to spin around and travel to different countries.  I was more interested in the design of the Fort Wayne Embassy ceiling.  Whenever they kept spinning around, I started to get queasy and had to look at the ceiling again.  Also, I enjoyed watching the usher yell at all the people in the audience who were taking pictures with their flash on.  There was a dancer dressed up in a Nutcracker costume, but it looked like he died or something and the costume vanished and he turned into a regular good-looking man.  My favorite part of the ballet, besides dressing up in my best attire, was definitely when the 6-year-old girl dancers stole the show.  They were not the best of the bunch, but they were definitely a breath of fresh air.  It wasn't the worst of times, but it definitely was not the best of times.  Luckily, I was sitting next to a guy who was also being dragged against his will to sit through the show for 3 hours.  My major issue with the ballet is the tightness of costumes.  All of the men in the performance had tights on and it was extremely uncomfortable for the audience to witness. If anyone has the desire to watch this ballet, bring snacks and a GameBoy and you will be in my prayers.  To be fair, I was incredibly impressed with how they danced. I could never do any of the moves they did and I am not even going to pretend that I could.  Some of those dancers stayed on their tip-toes for the entirety of the performance.
P.S Do not show my date this post, she would not find it too funny

No comments:

Post a Comment