Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Chalk It Up to Talent?

When I showcase a piece of my art, I always get somebody telling me how talented or gifted I am, or "I can barely draw a stick figure!", "Can you teach me how to draw?", man, there are so many things I've heard. I take the compliments as they are, but I can't help but be a little bugged. Sure, I have a creative bend and measure most of my thoughts around it, but I was not born drawing. Artistic prowess is a tediously learned skill, it's not some heavenly gift bestowed upon me, that's the art's job to be a gift to the world, regardless of if it's taken or not. Anyone can learn how to draw, believe it or not. You may only be able to draw stick figures now, but if you worked at it, you could get pretty good! However, if you want to learn, I'm just an artist, not a teacher, so all I can do is recommend tutorials. Sorry dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment