Wednesday, December 7, 2016

We The Kings

Of all bands, not a single one has impacted me like they have. In 20011 I entered a contest to win tickets for a private acoustic concert of theirs. I only knew one song and some how I manged to get tickets for this concert! My mom and I drove all the way to Grand Rapids, Michigan. By far one of the best days of my lives. I fell in love with the band right then and there. I sat front row and as I am typing this, I have officially seen them in concert four times and I am getting ready to get tickets for a concert in March. Each concert will have a different blog, but my journey began here. After the concert I bought the two CD's that they had come out with listened to them on repeat until I had everyone of them memorized. I was worried about going to into high school and transitioning, and whenever I listened to like Smile Kid or Check Yes Juliet, I felt okay again. This band is fairly small and only a few songs have ever gone viral, so I had high hopes of seeing them in concert again and being front row.


1 comment: