Thursday, December 8, 2016

We The Kings in Chicago

2016, middle of February, We The Kings are in Chicago. At this point my film partner, Cristian, also really liked the band, but he was never able to go to a concert. So I took him to Chicago with me, texted WTK's manager and planned on being front row. At every concert I've been to for them I've been front row, I'm excessive I know! But we get there, wait outside in the cold (specifically for over four hours) , random down pour, and then we finally go in. This venue was different though because there was no barrier between the stage and you. I literally could reach up and grab the microphone at any time, and I kept my bag on stage during the entire concert. I found two new bands that I'm crazy about now, AJR and She is We. In fact I'm going to one of the openers, AJR, in March as well (four days before the next We The Kings concert) . This was my first time in Chicago and it consisted of the lead singer and base guitarist remembering my name and singing to me, going to the Willis Towers, the Bean, and exploring the city. I'm so glad I ditched school those days. (I made a video of my adventure if you want to watch:)!)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s9x5nbEGGE

1 comment: