Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Oscar Wilde's Aesthetic

So as this semester comes to end, I just thought I'd re-visit something. After going through the readings for this course and watching the short films and videos, I still stand by my belief in Oscar Wilde's aesthetic. 

Yes, I believe that film should be used as a medium for storytellers but as mentioned earlier, sometimes one needs to "art for art's sake". I believe through aesthetics one will be influenced enough to find a story or tell the story. Because with something aesthetically pleasing it doesn't need explanation but at the same time it influences the consumer to take action. 

To be able to produce something that doesn't need some philosophical explanation but makes you feel alive, that is what an aesthetic is. I hope that I am able to do the same without divulging into the movement to the point where my aesthetics become vain. But I want to give a rush and pleasure to others visual to help them think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment