Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Neglect

Neglect is a topic that I do not hear much about any more, and it is kind of depressing for that I'm not hearing more about it. I know growing up I would hear tons and tons about child neglect, and from resent research that has been done I know that child neglect has not vanished. Neglect can take many different forms, but child neglect is the one that gets me the most. Every now and then I'll see a story that talks about how a child has been neglected, but I heard one a little while back that really shocked me. A young seven year old girl has been seen around her neighborhood around dinner time going door to door asking people for food because her mother wouldn't feed her. There have also been reports of the girl sitting on the porch in the mornings drinking from her mother's beer. This seven year old girl is also suffering in school because of her home environment, but there is a silver lineing to this story. The young girl and her mother are currently receiving help, and are working to better their living situation. Neglect is something that we do not hear a lot about and I think we need to change that. Neglect is still a very real problem here in our back yard. This young girl's story was found in Allen county, just one county over from where we are now. Neglect is something that we can all do our own part in however, many organizations work on getting child out of homes that they should not be in. But the hard part is finding the ones that go unnoticed by the government, and that is where the real work will have to be done someday.
Image result for neglect

No comments:

Post a Comment