Friday, December 9, 2016

Kubo: Late Blog, Worth the Wait Film!



           Ever since I heard my animator friends talk about Kubo and the Two Strings and how excited they were to see it, I have wanted to watch it. I could not afford to go to the theater when it was still in theaters, so I did not get to see it right away. However, my friend finally got it on DVD and we were able to watch it! I was blown away by the imagery!!! It was all so beautiful and breath taking. The real kicker is when my friend told me that it was a stop-motion film. I had never seen a stop-motion film that looked so fluid. Besides the incredible talent that was involved in telling the story, the story itself was so engaging. The focus on family, good overcoming evil, and defending our values was very evident and worth watching. It was also really neat watching there be a build up of the story talking about the three pieces of armor, and then none of the pieces be involved in the climax of the film. It really came down to Kubo relying on his family in the most original way! Over all, it was a joy visually and story wise. I regret not being able to see it earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment