Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Why Alternative is the best genre of music

I feel alternative music is the best genre because it shows the most real emotion and Alternative music isn't for everyone there is a lot of hurt and rejection in Alternative music(as far as lyrics goes). As for as the sound goes it doesn't matter whether you are a person who enjoys folk music, punk music, or any genre that you can think of. Its a combination of multiple types of musical backgrounds, you have people like Death Cab for Cutie and Bright Eyes deal with sad and slow music, wile you have people like Green Day and Blink 182 who tap into angst. I feel that every time I turn on KROQ or any other alternative radio station, I don't get the same type of song every time I get a little Indie with Death Cab for Cutie, Electronic music with Passion Pit, I get folk music with Mumford and sons, Reggae with Sublime, Punk with Green Day, Grunge with Nirvana and the list goes on and on. I feel that it deals with subjects in a real way and the music is so down to earth its not too much one genre or the other as far as the sound goes its a happy medium. I loved alternative music my whole life I sang Blink 182 and No Doubt in my early elementary school years. I spent my whole childhood listening to music, these musicians were the best friends I had growing up, and helped me through the hell middle school was.

No comments:

Post a Comment