Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Teamwork Part 1


I’ve played volleyball since I was in 6th grade, and the skills I learned while being on a team will help me in the film industry.  I’ve experienced both listening to a captain and being a captain on the team.  Though I was playing the same sport the whole time, being a part of the team was very different than leading it.  I had two years of being captain, which gave me a year to make mistakes and a year to fix them.  While experiencing my time as only a player, I realized the importance of a good leader.  And while leading my team, I realized the importance of a respectful player.  In both cases, communication is crucial.  Communication helped me express my concerns to my captain as a player.  And it helped me understand the differences between my players as a captain.  For example, some players respond well to encouragement, while others will respond better to a challenge.  As a player, it’s important to figure out what works best for you, express that to your captain, and remember to stay flexible.  As a captain, it’s important to understand everyone’s differences, but maintain a good balance for the sake of the team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment