Friday, December 9, 2016

Paralympics pt4

I loved the interaction and normalcy of how we (my teammates and my coach) interacted as “normal” human beings. We would make jokes about our particular handicap and go to Taco Bell basically after every practice and be “normal” human beings. We went to Taco Bell so much I think by the time we finished our season the workers at that particular Taco Bell knew our order. When I say jokes, I mean jokes that no able-bodied person would get or be able to tell without being offensive. My teammate Molly, who mind you has no finger tips and only one full leg, is the funniest one, I think, out of our whole team. She used to always tell us funny stories that had happened in her life. She told us this story about how one day she had a substitute teacher in one of her classes and told the teacher that her ankle hurt. (the one that she didn’t have) The substitute told her to go to the nurse and Molly just sat in the hallway, basically skipping class. I have so many other stories like that from my teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment