Friday, December 9, 2016

My Name Is Earl

“Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, bad things happen.”

My Name is Earl is one of my favorite sitcoms because of the message it brings to the table. Earl Hickey, the main character in the story, is hit by a car after winning 100,00 dollars from a lottery ticket, losing the ticket. In the hospital, while watching television, he sees Carson Daly talking about Karma. He believes what Daly says and makes a list of all the bad things he’s done and changes his life around. After cleaning up the parking lot of the motel he lives at, his lottery ticket shows up instantly. He starts using the money for his list and every episode is a new journey of how Earl is doing the right thing. I don’t believe in Karma but I believe that Earl has a point in doing good things and that doing bad things creates pain and struggle. I believe that love is an action and if we can show that love through our actions, we can create a better world.

Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment