Tuesday, October 18, 2016

"The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" Reviewish

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and our hearts.
The movie follows, wait SPOILERS (there got that out of the way), a high school girl who claims to be lucky and proceeds to have the worst day of her life ending with her death. She ends up going back in time and not dying. Realizing the awesomeness of this new-found power she uses it to have fun, but her fun ends up causing problems for other people.

We're going digital! Completely digital.

I really enjoyed the movie. It was a great “just sit down and watch a movie” movie where you could think about the implications of events in the movie, but you don’t really need to. The story is simple but fun, the characters are interesting, and the animation is very nice (very nice is how I described it, you can tell I’m not an animation student).


The only complaint I have with the movie, is the ending. I said spoilers so here they are. The main character says she’ll wait for the guy who she accidentally took the powers from. It drove me crazy because I felt like she was just making the same mistake her aunt had made. In short, I liked the movie, but not the ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment